Pig >> mail # user >> AvroStorage compression ratio

AvroStorage compression ratio
Based on AvroStorage code and documentation, it looks like compression
is enabled by default, codec set to "deflate". But the file size is
almost same as that of uncompressed tab separated text data.

This is probably a bug in AvroStorage, but I wanted to check if this is
somehow expected, before I open a jira to track it.

Uncompressed txt     2.12 GB
avro (default compression)    2.09 GB
avro + snappy compression     2.09 GB
lzo compressed txt      0.69 GB