Flume, mail # user - Downsides of not using any sink groups

+
Pankaj Gupta 2013-08-18, 23:29
Re: Downsides of not using any sink groups
Juhani Connolly 2013-08-19, 03:26
Hi Pankaj,

The reasons you listed are the main disadvantages, and I can't come up
with any others.

On 08/19/2013 08:29 AM, Pankaj Gupta wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What would be the downsides of connecting a lot of sinks to the
> channel directly without any sink groups. Going by the transactional
> semantics, I would think that there shouldn't be any loss of data. The
> downsides that I expect would be that there wouldn't be any backoff
> and thus the sink that is failing will keep trying and failing. Also
> load wouldn't be guaranteed to be balanced, although since all of them
> get equal chance at dequeing events it shouldn't be too bad, would it?
> Are there any other downsides that I am missing?
>

> Thanks in Advance,
> Pankaj
>
> --
>

> *P* | (415) 677-9222 ext. 205*F *| (415) 677-0895 |
>
> Pankaj Gupta | Software Engineer
>
> *BrightRoll, Inc. *| Smart Video Advertising | www.brightroll.com
> <http://www.brightroll.com/>
>

> United States | Canada | United Kingdom | Germany
>

> We're hiring
> <http://newton.newtonsoftware.com/career/CareerHome.action?clientId=8a42a12b3580e2060135837631485aa7>!

+
Roshan Naik 2013-08-20, 20:19