HBase >> mail # user >> How to turn off WAL from hbase shell or config file?

How to turn off WAL from hbase shell or config file?
Hi,

I am trying to do some performance testing, and want to test when the WAL is turned off. I know there is API writeToWAL(false) to do this, but if I want to just change the setting and use the performanceEvaluation tool to run the test with WAL off.

Is there a way in HBase shell, or a config key in hbase-site.xml to do that?

Thanks
Tian-Ying