Kafka >> mail # user >> Kafka Producer in a high volume environment

Kafka Producer in a high volume environment
Hi all,

We have a java web application that receives approximately 1000 requests
per second. All of the requests will send a message to Kafka.
We were thinking of having a single instance of the Producer class in the
application. Will that work?

The documentation says that "Internally, the producer maintains an elastic
pool of connections to the brokers, one per broker".

That means if we have one broker, we will only have one connection. How do
we make sure that connections do not throttle the message flow? Do we have
to create a pool of producers ourselves?

Regards,
Vaibhav