Zookeeper >> mail # user >> Re: Efficient backup and a reasonable restore of an ensemble

Re: Efficient backup and a reasonable restore of an ensemble
I think I am having difficulties understanding the "fuzzy" concept. Let's
say I started to serialize DataTree into a snapshot file and it took 30
seconds. During these 30 seconds, the server saw 5 transactions that
updated the data. Does this mean that the snapshot that I get on disk at
the end of the 30-second interval will have some of these 5 transactions?
Or will it have none? Or will it have all of them? Or will it be
inconsistent and unreadable by Zookeeper?

Please help me better understand the behavior behind the "fuzzy" term.

For my use case, I am perfectly fine if I get a snapshot with none of these
5 transactions, considering that I will pick them up next time I take a
snapshot.
/Sergey