Accumulo >> mail # dev >> Releasing 1.5.0

+
Keith Turner 2012-11-21, 13:54
Re: Releasing 1.5.0
+1

My wishlist includes:
+Hadoop 2.0 support
+kerberos support
+generic authentication/authorization plugin infrastructure
+thrift proxy
+time and visibility block indexing in RFile
+HDFS classloader
+Tested compatibility with MapR, HDP, and CDH

Other nice-to-haves would be:
+Memory-to-memory compactions
+Prefix encoding for RFile

Adam

On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 8:54 AM, Keith Turner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I am thinking we should start thinking about releasing 1.5.0.  We have a
> lot of good stuff in trunk.   Some features that I think people would like
> in 1.5 are still in flight.  What do people think about setting a feature
> freeze date for 1.5?  I think this would be a good idea and propose Jan 1
> as a feature freeze date for 1.5.   Once we decide on a date, everyone can
> use that date to make decisions about what they want to work on for the
> remaining time.
>
> In the past after feature freeze we have entered test mode and bug fix
> mode, which has usually taken 1 to 2 months.   So based on past experience,
> a feature freeze date of Jan 1. would like result in a release of 1.5.0
> sometime during February.  In the past we have also updated documentation
> after feature freeze and written new automated tests, in addition to
> finding and fixing issues.
>
> Some of the outstanding features on my wishlist for 1.5 are thrift proxy,
> HDFS classloader, and Kerberose :)
>
> Keith

+
Eric Newton 2012-11-21, 18:14