Accumulo >> mail # user >> 0% Data Cache Hit Rate

Re: 0% Data Cache Hit Rate
On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 4:24 PM, Slater, David M.
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I didn't up the cache size. Are the defaults tuned to running just the metatable data cache?

Yeah they are basically good for the metadata table out of the box.
As you turn on the cache for other tables you may want to consider
upping it.

> To "decide which tables you want to use that memory", is there an additional property to set?

Setting table.cache.block.enable to true will turn data caching on for
a table.  For example doing the following in the shell would turn on
data caching for table foo

config -t foo -s table.cache.block.enable=true

> tserver.cache.data.size you can set on a per-tserver basis, but how do you do it on a per table basis?

The property sets the total cache memory available on a tserver.  I
would recommend upping it for your experiments, like the following.

config -s tserver.cache.data.size=2G

You may need to up the java -Xmx  setting.  I can not remember if you
will need to restart Accumulo for these setting to take place.