Sqoop, mail # dev - Subversion and Git integration with JIRA tickets

+
Jarek Jarcec Cecho 2013-05-24, 08:16
Re: Subversion and Git integration with JIRA tickets
Hari Shreedharan 2013-05-24, 08:36
Hi Jarcec,

Hudson comments on the jira with a link to the git commit anyway when the build gets done. IMO, it pretty much accomplishes the same thing (though of course, if a build is delayed or does not get done, that comment would not exist). But I don't see the point of an additional comment (other than jira e-mails).

That said, I am not against it. So I am a +0 for this.
Cheers,
Hari
On Friday, May 24, 2013 at 1:16 AM, Jarek Jarcec Cecho wrote:

> Hi Sqoop developers,
> I like when it's easy to navigate from JIRA to corresponding GIT commit, so I've started putting link to GIT Web UI for every JIRA that I commit and close. To my surprise ASF is offering similar service [1], so I'm wondering whether it would make sense to take advantage of this service for entire Sqoop project.
>
> But before any next action, I'm curious how is the link perceived. Do you feel that having link from JIRA to Git UI is helpful or do you perceived it more as unnecessary spam?
>
> Jarcec
>
> Links:
> 1: http://www.apache.org/dev/svngit2jira.html

+