Accumulo, mail # dev - One of Checkstyle's rules is 'no spaces at end of line', anyone upset if I update the code (1.6) to follow it?

+
David Medinets 2013-03-06, 15:23
+
Christopher 2013-03-06, 19:57
+
David Medinets 2013-03-06, 21:29
+
Billie Rinaldi 2013-03-06, 21:53
+
Christopher 2013-03-06, 22:57
+
David Medinets 2013-03-07, 01:49
+
Billie Rinaldi 2013-03-06, 20:18
+
David Medinets 2013-03-06, 20:20
+
Keith Turner 2013-03-07, 15:44
+
John Vines 2013-03-07, 15:49
+
Keith Turner 2013-03-07, 15:57
+
John Vines 2013-03-07, 16:01
+
Billie Rinaldi 2013-03-07, 16:20
+
Keith Turner 2013-03-07, 16:27
+
John Vines 2013-03-07, 16:24
+
Billie Rinaldi 2013-03-07, 16:28
+
David Medinets 2013-03-07, 16:55
+
Keith Turner 2013-03-07, 19:27
Re: One of Checkstyle's rules is 'no spaces at end of line', anyone upset if I update the code (1.6) to follow it?
Keith Turner 2013-03-07, 17:13
On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 11:55 AM, David Medinets
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I thought it was a safe change because I made it to trunk. Sorry about
> the disruption. Please revert. This issue is not worth spending any of
> your time. And we can always run the script later to remove trailing
> spaces. My concern is why  there was a disruption? Could I have done
> something better?

Can you please post what the benefits of making this change are on the
ticket?  I am completely clueless as to what the benefits are.
Billie mentioned there is some benefit for making this change when
using git.   Why is this and are there other benefits?

> On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 11:28 AM, Billie Rinaldi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Or we could apply the space changes to the 1.5 branch (not the pom change)
>>
>> Billie
>>

>> On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 11:24 AM, John Vines <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>> The only changes made to trunk since that were my merges, so it should be
>>> pretty painless to roll it back, revert that change for now, and remerge.

>>> file

>>> change.
>>> 1.5

>>> there