Kafka >> mail # dev >> ??? 0.7.2 before 0.8 ???

Re: ??? 0.7.2 before 0.8 ???

> Since 0.7.1, we have fixed 3-4 issues in trunk. The most critical fix is
> probably the one that prevents wrong topic name from corrupting log and ZK
> data structure. As for 0.8, I think we can start letting people trying the
> code from mid to end of Oct. Depending on the result of that, we can decide
> on a release date of 0.8.

So ideally we should target all blockers in 0.8 to be done well before
mid-October. Just added a "blockers" section on
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Kafka+replication+development
There
are > 30 right now so I think we
should be try to defer major code clean up (which we tend to do a lot in
our patches) to follow-up jiras.
> For now, what we can probably do is to release 0.7.2 from trunk. After
> that, we can move trunk to an 0.7 branch and make 0.8 trunk. What do people
> feel?

Sounds good to me.

Thanks,

Joel