HBase >> mail # user >> Evenly splitting the table

Evenly splitting the table
I was wondering how I can go about evenly splitting an entire table in
HBase during table creation[1]. I tried providing the empty byte arrays
HConstants.EMPTY_START_ROW and HConstants.EMPTY_END_ROW
as parameters to the method I linked below, and got an error: "Start
key must be smaller than end key". Is there a way to go about splitting
the entire table without having specific start and end keys? Thanks in
advance.
[1]
http://hbase.apache.org/apidocs/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/client/HBaseAdmin.html
#createTable(org.apache.hadoop.hbase.HTableDescriptor, byte[], byte[], int)