HBase >> mail # dev >> [VOTE] The 2nd hbase 0.94.7 release candidate is available for download

[VOTE] The 2nd hbase 0.94.7 release candidate is available for download
The 2nd 0.94.7 RC is available for download at http://people.apache.org/~larsh/hbase-0.94.7-rc1/

Signed with my code signing key: C7CFE328

This RC has 73 issues resolved against it, contributed by 27 individuals.
0.94.7 is primarily a bug fix release. Notable exceptions include:
HBASE-8176 Dynamic Schema Configurations
HBASE-7801 Allow a deferred sync option per Mutation

The full list of changes is available here: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE/fixforversion/12324039

Please try out the RC, check out the doc, take it for a spin, etc, and vote +1/-1 by April 25th on whether we should release this as 0.94.7.
(Note that the only change compared to the first RC are license header changes in some test classes, so all previous testing still applies - hence the 1-day vote).

The release testing spreadsheet is available here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvLqcVIqNtlTdG9jbVNmWmhyeGJZeUo4MUdIMEEweEE#gid=0
(this the same spreadsheet that was used for the first RC)

Thanks.

-- Lars
+
lars hofhansl 2013-04-25, 01:33