Hive >> mail # user >> Interpreting explain plan in hive

Re: Interpreting explain plan in hive
The only bad plan would be a plan that ends up producing the wrong result,
or throwing an exception. generally I look to see if there is a way to have
less map/reduce stages, the best plan is usually the one that does the job
in a single map reduce, or even better a single map only job.