Hive >> mail # user >> building a (hive) client in perl

building a (hive) client in perl
Hi Guys,
Apologies if this is the wrong group - i'm thinking dev might be better -
but here goes.  After some fumbling around and googling around i've managed
build a perl hive client and have connected and executed some queries and
have even gotten results back. Woo-hoo!

However, naturally there's one kicker that i can't figure out though.

The call to $client->getSchema() craps out with:

Undefined subroutine &ThriftHive_getSchema_result::Schema

looking at the window of code we have this in ThriftHive.pm (which is built
by apache "thrift -gen perl" application)

    SWITCH: for($fid)
    {
      /^0$/ && do{      if ($ftype == TType::STRUCT) {

        $self->{success} = new Schema();
        $xfer += $self->{success}->read($input);

for the life of me i cannot figure out where this Schema method is.
 Something tells me it should be in the ThriftHiveMetaStore.pm but, alas, i
can't find it nor divine it.

Any pointers appreciated and lemme know if this is too technical for the
"user" group.

Thanks,
Stephen Sprague