MapReduce, mail # user - question about preserving data locality in MapReduce with Yarn

Re: question about preserving data locality in MapReduce with Yarn
ricky l 2013-10-29, 03:10
Hi Sandy, thank you very much for the information. It is good to know that
MapReduce AM considers the block location information. BTW, I am not very
familiar with the concept of splits. Is it specific to MR jobs? If
possible, code location would be very helpful for reference as I am trying
to implement an application master that needs to consider HDFS
data-locality. thx.

r.