Seems like we have an agreement. So, unless someone has other ideas, I will
cut the branch for 0.9 on 4/9. Below is the consolidated list which people
have requested for 0.9, so as and when these gets checked-in trunk, we will
merge it back in 0.9.
On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 19:02, Thomas Weise <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Would be great to get HIVE-2646 included.
> On 4/2/12 6:59 PM, "Ashutosh Chauhan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Here is a list of jiras which I plan to get in 0.9.
> > HIVE-2084
> > HIVE-2822
> > HIVE-2764
> > HIVE-538
> > I will work with authors of these patches to see these can get in.
> > please feel free to add this list.
> > Thanks,
> > Ashutosh
> > On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 18:39, Carl Steinbach <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >> I'm +1 on doing an 0.9.0 release, but would also like to suggest that we
> >> put together a list of 0.9.0 blockers before cutting the release
> branch. In
> >> the past we have frequently underestimated the amount of work required
> >> get trunk into a releasable state, with the consequence that we up
> >> time doing a lot of backports from trunk to the release branch. It
> would be
> >> great if we could avoid all of that this time around.
> >> Thanks.
> >> Carl
> >> On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 6:33 PM, Ashutosh Chauhan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >>> wrote:
> >>> Hi all,
> >>> Branch for 0.8-r2 was created on Dec 7, almost four months ago. Between
> >>> then and now lots of cool stuff has landed in trunk waiting to be
> >> released
> >>> and get to users. I think its a good time now to get the ball rolling
> >>> 0.9 release. If this sounds good, I would propose to cut a branch for
> >> 0.9
> >>> later this week. Then we can focus on stabilizing the branch and
> >> subsequent
> >>> release from it. Thoughts?
> >>> Thanks,
> >>> Ashutosh