HBase, mail # user - MapReduce vs hosts (Cannot resolve the host name)

+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2012-10-11, 13:17
+
Stack 2012-10-11, 17:20
Re: MapReduce vs hosts (Cannot resolve the host name)
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2012-10-11, 17:29
Hi St.Ack,

Thanks for your reply.

Finally, seems that this is not blocking the application. It's stated
as "ERROR"s but it's still running after that. After some time, I'm
getting some results.

I don't have any DNS on my cluster. All servers have the same host
file and static IPs. Is it mandatory to have a DNS to run HBase? Or
can it run without?

JM