HBase >> mail # user >> MapReduce vs hosts (Cannot resolve the host name)

+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2012-10-11, 13:17
+
Stack 2012-10-11, 17:20
Re: MapReduce vs hosts (Cannot resolve the host name)
Hi St.Ack,

Thanks for your reply.

Finally, seems that this is not blocking the application. It's stated
as "ERROR"s but it's still running after that. After some time, I'm
getting some results.

I don't have any DNS on my cluster. All servers have the same host
file and static IPs. Is it mandatory to have a DNS to run HBase? Or
can it run without?

JM

2012/10/11, Stack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 6:17 AM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Any idea where I can start to look at?
>>

> Sounds like DNS -- forward and reverse lookups -- work on the machine
> you are launching your job from but not out on your cluster.  Check
> DNS on the cluster members?
> St.Ack

+
Om Parkash 2014-09-24, 04:15