HBase, mail # user - RowKey design with hashing

+
Nurettin Şimşek 2013-02-13, 08:35
+
lars hofhansl 2013-02-14, 00:50
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-02-14, 02:09
Re: RowKey design with hashing
Ted Yu 2013-02-14, 03:18
Jean-Marc:
You can find almost all the details you need from this JIRA:
HBASE-4218 Data Block Encoding of KeyValues (aka delta encoding / prefix
compression)

Cheers

On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 6:09 PM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Lars,
>
> Can you please tell more about key prefix block encoding? Or refer to
> some blog/doc? How it works, what it is, etc.?
>
> Thanks,
>
> JM
>
> 2013/2/13, lars hofhansl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> > Depends on you search pattern.
> > If you never care about scans ordering i.e. you only do point gets to see
> > whether you've already seen an email address, do the hash part.
> >
> > I'd perfer #1 over #2, because it would let you do efficient key prefix
> > block encoding (FAST_DIFF).
> >
> > -- Lars
> >

> > ________________________________

+