Accumulo, mail # dev - Backporting policy proposal

+
Christopher 2013-06-17, 17:07
+
Billie Rinaldi 2013-06-17, 21:26
+
Dave Marion 2013-06-17, 22:35
+
Christopher 2013-06-18, 00:22
+
Billie Rinaldi 2013-06-18, 13:50
+
John Vines 2013-06-17, 20:02
+
Christopher 2013-06-17, 20:59
+
Christopher 2013-06-17, 21:05
+
Adam Fuchs 2013-06-18, 14:53
+
Christopher 2013-06-18, 17:50
+
Keith Turner 2013-06-18, 16:05
+
Mike Drob 2013-06-18, 20:59
+
Christopher 2013-06-18, 17:55
+
Keith Turner 2013-06-18, 18:21
+
Josh Elser 2013-06-18, 15:05
+
Adam Fuchs 2013-06-18, 15:26
+
Josh Elser 2013-06-18, 15:43
Re: Backporting policy proposal
John Vines 2013-06-18, 15:31
There are flow issues though, especially when you get into the realm of
rebasing, etc. So, like SVN, there should be one established direction.
On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 11:26 AM, Adam Fuchs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >> Agree, although doesn't the transition to git alleviate the problems
> with
> >> order of operations?
> >>

> > I don't understand what you mean by "order of operations". If you push a
> commit in 1.6.0-SNAPSHOT that should really be in 1.4.4-SNAPSHOT, Git will
> not handle this well in terms of an accurate history.
>
> I don't really understand either -- that was mostly speculation. Doesn't
> the reliance on hashes of the patch rather than commit IDs make it
> immaterial as to which branch a patch was committed to first? Admitedly, I
> am not an expert on git.
>
> Adam

+
Josh Elser 2013-06-17, 23:35