MapReduce >> mail # user >> getFileBlockLocations

getFileBlockLocations
When I call getFileBlockLocations() on a DFS, will it return the blocks for currently-inactive nodes?
If so, how can I filter out the unavailable blocks?
Or more generally, how do I get the list of node status?  Is that ApplicationClientProtocol.getClusterNodes()?
Thanks,
John