Zookeeper >> mail # user >> dataDir parameter in a distributed installation

dataDir parameter in a distributed installation
Hi.

When I am using zookeeper in a distributed env., should I define in the
zoo.cfg gile the dataDir to point to a <b> local </b> directory on each
server?
Or should I point it to a shared directory on the dfs?
Many thanks!

Benjamin