HDFS >> mail # dev >> HDFS mvn eclipse:eclipse not working?

Re: HDFS mvn eclipse:eclipse not working?
Your issue is cause of lack of dependencies required to build the
trunk. You will need, as indicated on
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HowToContribute, the protobuf binaries
of version 2.4 at least.

Since you are on a mac, you may as well do:

$ brew install protobuf

And then running a build should succeed.

Btw, you do not need to use mvn eclipse:eclipse anymore. It should be
fine to use the m2e plugin and import the project directly via Eclipse
-> Import -> Maven -> Import Existing Maven Projects option.

--
Harsh J