Hive >> mail # dev >> [Discuss] project chop up

Re: [Discuss] project chop up
On Wed, Aug 7, 2013 at 2:04 PM, Edward Capriolo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> "Some of the hard part was that some of the test classes are in the wrong
> module that references classes in a later module."
>
> I think the modules will have to be able to reference each other in many
> cases. Serde and QL are tightly coupled. QL is really too large and we
> should find a way to cut that up.

Of course the modules need to reference each other. The problematic test
classes depend on modules lower in the tree, so they form a cycle in
dependency DAG. It only works in the ant build because it compiles all of
the modules before it does the test-compile in any of the modules.

-- Owen