HDFS >> mail # user >> Re: Bloom Filter analogy in SQL

Re: Bloom Filter analogy in SQL
>From http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc278097(v=sql.100).aspx :

The new technology employed is based on bitmap filters, also known as *Bloom
filters *(see *Bloom filter, *Wikipedia 2007,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloom_filter) ...

HBase uses bloom filters extensively. I can give references if you're
interested.