Hadoop >> mail # general >> [DISCUSS] Apache Hadoop 1.0?

Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Hadoop 1.0?
On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 2:45 AM, Steve Loughran <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> -0.23 is a superset of the MR and HDFS APIs compatible with previous
> versions (I don't know or care whether or not it is a proper superset or
> not). The goal here is that end user apps and higher levels in the stack
> (in-ASF and out-ASF) should work, though testing is required to verify this.

I believe that by now we have enough factual evidence that at least
framework-level
APIs are incompatible. That's exactly why every single downstream component
needs to be patched at the level of code to work against 0.23.

Thanks,
Roman.