HBase, mail # dev - Cutting an HBase 0.90.7

Cutting an HBase 0.90.7
Jonathan Hsieh 2012-06-25, 15:17
Hi all,

I'd like to start cutting a 0.90.7 release for HBase.  The main motivation
is to get the hbck improvements into an official 0.90 release, to revert a
minor incompatibility introduced by 0.90.6 (HBASE-5904) and to pick up some
other critical bug fixes.

At the moment I see a few items tagged as Blockers*, and some other patches
that address potential data loss.  I'm going to be going through to see if
there are any other we'd like to include but please let me know if there
are others I should consider.

Perf regression
- *HBASE-3855 - perf degradation of memstore because reseek is linear

Compatibility:
- *HBASE-5904 is_enabled different from HBASE-5155

correctness:
- *HBASE-6200 KV comparator
- HBASE-6258 Split fixes for 0.90.x
-- HBASE-4816 rs doesn't go down bcause bulk user region close
-- HBASE-4881 unhealthy region causes rollback
-- HBASE-5189 metrics
-- HBASE-6158 'merges', 'splits' data loss

hbck:
- HBASE-4379 End key case not handled.
- HBASE-6236 Offline Meta-repair can have problems with viewfs.

Thanks,
Jon.

--
// Jonathan Hsieh (shay)