Sqoop, mail # user - sqoop on windows - scripts support for cygwin

sqoop on windows - scripts support for cygwin
Suhas Satish 2013-08-13, 00:01
Is there any plan to support bin/sqoop
and bin/configure-sqoop scripts to support running on windows (cygwin)
platforms?

The change I  foresee is simple enough to export classpath and other
environment variables using a conditional flag switch like follows -

# cygwin path translation
if $cygwin; then
    CLASSPATH=`cygpath -p -w "$CLASSPATH"`
fi
I see the sqoop release documentation mentioning as follows -
This document assumes you are using a Linux or Linux-like environment. If
you are using Windows, you may be able to use cygwin to accomplish most of
the following tasks. If you are using Mac OS X, you should see few (if any)
compatibility errors. Sqoop is predominantly operated and tested on Linux.
Are there any other considerations which I'm overlooking?

The reason I ask is because I think that sqoop jar is not added to
HADOOP_CLASSPATH correctly while running on windows. bin/configure-sqoop
which does the environment variable export maybe the culprit.

Thanks,
Suhas.
+
Jarek Jarcec Cecho 2013-08-15, 00:57