HBase >> mail # dev >> VOTE: hbase-0.95RC1, the second "Development" Series Release is available [WAS -> VOTE: hbase-0.95.0RC0, the first "Developer Release" release candidate is available for download and vote]

Re: VOTE: hbase-0.95RC1, the second "Development" Series Release is available [WAS -> VOTE: hbase-0.95.0RC0, the first "Developer Release" release candidate is available for download and vote]
Installed the -hadoop1 tarball, started HBase, inserted some data, flushed, compacted, scanned, inspected the UI pages, stopped it again.
Checked the docs.
CHANGES.txt is a bit weird as it does not contain the 0.94 issues from before it was branched, but that's just a nit.

In the logs I see:
2013-04-05 22:18:03,805 WARN org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServer:
 error telling master we are up
com.google.protobuf.ServiceException: methodName=regionServerStartup
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.ProtobufRpcClientEngine$Invoker.invoke(Pr
otobufRpcClientEngine.java:147)
        at sun.proxy.$Proxy8.regionServerStartup(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServer.reportForDuty(HRegionServer.java:1798)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServer.run(HRegionServer.java:723)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)
Caused by: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.exceptions.ServerNotRunningYetException: org.
But in the end the RS started up anyway. Again, just a nit (in local mode the master does not start fast enough it seems, and the RS is too impatient).
+1

-- Lars