HDFS >> mail # user >> I just got "Cannot complete block: block has not been COMMITTED by the client"

+
stack 2009-11-11, 23:40
Re: I just got "Cannot complete block: block has not been COMMITTED by the client"
I should have said this is branch-0.21 from about an hour ago.  I have
hdfs-630 applied but this seems unrelated.
Thanks,
St.Ack

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 3:40 PM, stack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Any recommendations for what I should do to cope when I get such a
> beastie?  (It happened in our WAL so server kills itself).
> Thanks,
> St.Ack
>
> java.io.IOException: java.io.IOException: Cannot complete block: block has
> not been COMMITTED by the client
>         at
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.BlockInfoUnderConstruction.convertToCompleteBlock(BlockInfoUnderConstruction.java:158)
>         at
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.BlockManager.completeBlock(BlockManager.java:288)
>         at
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.finalizeINodeFileUnderConstruction(FSNamesystem.java:1846)
>         at
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.completeFileInternal(FSNamesystem.java:1367)
>         at
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.completeFile(FSNamesystem.java:1329)
>         at
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.complete(NameNode.java:660)
>         at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor11.invoke(Unknown Source)
>         at
>         at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RPC$Server.call(RPC.java:516)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler$1.run(Server.java:964)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler$1.run(Server.java:960)
>         at javax.security.auth.Subject.doAs(Subject.java:396)
>         at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler.run(Server.java:958)
>
>         at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native
> Method)
>         at
>         at
>         at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:513)
>         at
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.RemoteExceptionHandler.decodeRemoteException(RemoteExceptionHandler.java:94)
>         at
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.RemoteExceptionHandler.checkThrowable(RemoteExceptionHandler.java:48)
>         at
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.RemoteExceptionHandler.checkIOException(RemoteExceptionHandler.java:66)
>         at
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.LogRoller.run(LogRoller.java:98)

+
stack 2009-11-11, 23:46
+
stack 2009-11-12, 01:53