HBase >> mail # dev >> DISCUSS : HFile V3 proposal for tags in 0.96

+
ramkrishna vasudevan 2013-07-18, 17:14
+
Ted Yu 2013-07-18, 17:23
+
Jimmy Xiang 2013-07-18, 17:55
+
ramkrishna vasudevan 2013-07-19, 04:29
+
Ted Yu 2013-07-19, 04:40
+
ramkrishna vasudevan 2013-07-19, 04:57
+
Ted Yu 2013-07-19, 05:00
+
Stack 2013-07-19, 05:12
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-07-19, 11:02
+
ramkrishna vasudevan 2013-07-19, 11:11
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-07-19, 11:23
+
Anoop John 2013-07-19, 11:51
+
ramkrishna vasudevan 2013-07-19, 12:00
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-07-19, 13:09
+
Ted Yu 2013-07-19, 14:18
+
Anoop John 2013-07-19, 15:12
+
ramkrishna vasudevan 2013-07-19, 15:05
Re: DISCUSS : HFile V3 proposal for tags in 0.96
On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 7:18 AM, Ted Yu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Would tags be visible to methods of BaseRegionObserver, other than
> AccessController ? Meaning, would other (non-secure) components of HBase
> be able to use cell
> tagging to store certain information ?

Inline cell/KV tags must be core feature by definition I think, so an
component of HBase will be able to use them, coprocessor or not.
--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)