Hive >> mail # dev >> Behavior of Hive 2837: insert into external tables should not be allowed

Re: Behavior of Hive 2837: insert into external tables should not be allowed
I am a bit confused by this feature too especialyl since hive now has
a lock table function. Changing existing semantics would be bad.
Different storage handlers actually treat external differently as
well.