Hello. Currently, I am working to add some missing features in
HiveCatalogStore.[^1] However, I found that this feature needs the
implementation of tablespace feature in HiveCatalogStore first so I decided
that it would be better to ask you some advice before I start writing code
- I have less experience on Tajo than almost all of you.

As of current version(11.x), tablespace feature seems to be not supported
in HiveCatalogStore. It only supports default tablespace in
${tajo.warehouse.directory}. Because there is no other storage that can
save the mapping from ${tablespace-name} to {base-uri}, I propose the
following scheme:

1. Basic Rule: Store tablespace under ${tajo.rootdir}/${tablespace-name}.
In other words, ${base-uri} for the tablespace is
${tajo.rootdir}/${tablespace-name}.
2. The base uri for the default tablespace is ${tajo.warehouse.directory}.
(no change)
3. The tablespace name whose base uri conflicts the default tablespace's
base uri is disallowed.

I think this strategy can be a roundabout way to the shortcomings of
HiveCatalogStore, but I cannot certain. Are there any conflicts to my
proposal with current implementation or our future plan? If you have any
opinions, don't hesitate to give me a message. Thanks for reading.

Regards,
Dongjin

[^1]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAJO-2171

*Dongjin Lee*
*Software developer in Line+.So interested in massive-scale machine
learning.facebook: www.facebook.com/dongjin.lee.kr
<http://www.facebook.com/dongjin.lee.kr>linkedin:
kr.linkedin.com/in/dongjinleekr
<http://kr.linkedin.com/in/dongjinleekr>github: