Pig >> mail # dev >> Next Pig release proposal

Re: Next Pig release proposal

Santosh,
I thought you meant API stability for hadoop across major versions, but
I guess you are referring to stability within 0.23 versions. But
argument applies to that as well, if 0.23.1 is not compatible with
0.23.0, we need to call the release for 0.23.1 as 'pig 1.x for 0.23.1 api' .

We just need to communicate to the users that the
InputFormat/OutputFormat api's (and any anything else we expose from
hadoop) depends on the hadoop version they are using.

I think it is just like different JNI libraries that you would write for
different OS. But the java version remains the same across OSs.

-Thejas