MapReduce >> mail # dev >> [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.0.4.1-alpha

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.0.4.1-alpha
On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 10:57 AM, Arun C Murthy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Why not include MAPREDUCE-4211 as well rather than create one release per patch?

>From Cos's description, it sounded like these were backports of fixes
to help Sqoop2 and fix some build issues. If it's not just to fixup
leftover bugs in 2.0.4 *once* so downstream projects can integrate
against 2.0.4.1, and this a release series, then I've completely
misunderstood the purpose.

Cos, are you planning 2.0.4.2?

> Also, this is the first time we are seeing a four-numbered scheme in Hadoop. Why not call this 2.0.5-alpha?

Good point. Since it contains only backports from branch-2, it would
make sense for it to be an intermediate release.

I shouldn't have to say this, but I'm changing my vote to -1 while we
work this out. -C