Accumulo >> mail # user >> Deleting many rows that match a given criterion

Deleting many rows that match a given criterion
I'm attempting to delete all rows from a table that contain a specific word
in the value of a specified column. My current process looks like:

accumulo shell -e 'egrep .*EXPRESSION.* -np -t tab -c col' | awk 'BEGIN
{print "table tab"}; {print "deletemany -f -np -r" $1}; END {print "exit"}'
> rows.out
accumulo shell -f rows.out

I tried playing around with scan iterators and various options on
deletemany and deleterows but wasn't able to find a more straightforward
way to do this. Does anybody have any suggestions?

Mike