Zookeeper, mail # user - Are curator framework consumers single threaded?

RE: Are curator framework consumers single threaded?
Jordan Zimmerman 2012-03-06, 08:02
The ListenerContainer for PathChildrenCache allows you to pass an Executor along with your listener. So, that will give you the desired behavior. DistributedQueue is _supposed_ to allow this as well, but it looks like it doesn't. I view that as a bug. If you don't mind, please post an issue on this here:

https://github.com/Netflix/curator/issues

-JZ

From: Amirhossein Kiani [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, March 05, 2012 8:18 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Are curator framework consumers single threaded?

Hi Jordan,

First of all, thanks a lot for all the great work on Curator! I have started using it and it is amazingly simplifying my code!

I have just ran into this issue recently that I am using a Distributed Queue, a Path Cache and a Distributed Double Barrier in my code, and having some difficulties. I'm trying to run everything with the test framework Curator provides and it seems like when I enter() the barrier in one of my objects the other one (that is using a different client) is also blocked.
Is there a way to have the Queue consumer object as well as Event listeners for the Path Cache start in new threads?

Many thanks,
Amir