HBase >> mail # user >> HBase and Datawarehouse

Re: HBase and Datawarehouse
Hmmm

I don't recommend HBase in situations where you are not running a M/R Framework. Sorry, as much as I love HBase, IMHO there are probably better solutions for a standalone NoSQL Databases. (YMMV depending on your use case.)
The strength of HBase is that its part of the Hadoop Ecosystem.

I would think that it would probably be better to go virtual than go multi-region servers on bare hardware.  You take a hit on I/O, but you can work around that too.

But I'm conservative unless I have to get creative. ;-)

But something to consider when white boarding ideas...