Accumulo >> mail # user >> Accumulo setup on Ubuntu VirtualBox

Accumulo setup on Ubuntu VirtualBox
I'm following this tutorial to try to run Accumulo on an Ubuntu VirtualBox:

https://raw.github.com/gist/1535657/efb5505ff6295104fbc9e7eaf0a80a4497517543
/accumulo_notes

I'm using the conf/examples/512MB/standalone configuration for Accumulo (I
also tried native-standalone). Everything else with Java, Zookeeper, and
Hadoop is followed directly from the tutorial.

When I run "$ACCUMULO_HOME/bin/accumulo init", I get the message, "WARN :
Unable to load native-hadoop library for your platform... using builtin-java
classes where applicable". I then run "$ACCUMULO_HOME/bin/start-all.sh", and
it seems to start without any errors. But when I try to browse to
localhost:50095, the only thing I can see is a Java stack trace:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.apache.hadoop.net.NetUtils.getInputStream(Ljava/net/Socket;J)Ljava/io/In
putStream;

                at
org.apache.accumulo.core.util.TTimeoutTransport.create(TTimeoutTransport.jav
a:39)

                at
org.apache.accumulo.core.client.impl.ThriftTransportPool.createNewTransport(
ThriftTransportPool.java:473)

                at
org.apache.accumulo.core.client.impl.ThriftTransportPool.getTransport(Thrift
TransportPool.java:464)

                at
org.apache.accumulo.core.client.impl.ThriftTransportPool.getTransport(Thrift
TransportPool.java:441)

                at
org.apache.accumulo.core.client.impl.ThriftTransportPool.getTransportWithDef
aultTimeout(ThriftTransportPool.java:366)

                at
org.apache.accumulo.core.util.ThriftUtil.getClient(ThriftUtil.java:88)

                at
org.apache.accumulo.server.monitor.Monitor.fetchGcStatus(Monitor.java:433)

                at
org.apache.accumulo.server.monitor.Monitor.fetchData(Monitor.java:300)

                at
org.apache.accumulo.server.monitor.servlets.BasicServlet.doGet(BasicServlet.
java:56)

                at
org.apache.accumulo.server.monitor.servlets.DefaultServlet.doGet(DefaultServ
let.java:161)

                at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:707)

                at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)

                at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:511)

                at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:401)

                at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:182)

                at
org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:766)

                at
org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerColl
ection.java:230)

                at
org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)

                at
org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:542)

                at
org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnectio
n.java:928)

                at
org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:549)

                at
org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:212)

                at
org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:404)

                at
org.mortbay.jetty.bio.SocketConnector$Connection.run(SocketConnector.java:22
8)

                at
org.mortbay.thread.QueuedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:582
)

Has anyone had this issue before? I would appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Mike