HBase >> mail # user >> Question about local reads and HDFS 347

Question about local reads and HDFS 347
I was looking at HDFS 347 and the nice long story with impressive
benchmarks and that it should really help with region server performance.

The question I had was whether it would still help if we were already using
the short circuit local reads setting already provided by HBase. Are there
any other significant improvements there ?

Thanks
Varun