MapReduce >> mail # dev >> mapreduce.jobtracker.address vs. yarn.resourcemanager.address

+
Sandy Ryza 2013-02-08, 22:15
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-02-08, 22:27
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2013-02-08, 22:30
+
Harsh J 2013-02-09, 05:35
Re: mapreduce.jobtracker.address vs. yarn.resourcemanager.address
If I understand correctly from searching for it in the code, while not
deprecated, the property currently has no effect.  Does that not sound
right to you Harsh?

Was there a conclusion on: may I deprecate it, or is there a larger
decision being waited on?

-Sandy

On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 9:35 PM, Harsh J <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Yes, there isn't a "classic" version of mapreduce.framework.name now
> either. Its mostly being used as a pseudonym. MR1 no longer exists in
> 2.x releases/trunk.
>
> Note though that Oozie still relies on that specific property (JT
> address) and 0.22 clients may also perhaps be using it. We can
> deprecate it and remove on 3.x or later.
>
> On Sat, Feb 9, 2013 at 4:00 AM, Alejandro Abdelnur <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > MR1 code is already gone from trunk and branch-2
> >
> > Thx
> >

> > On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 2:27 PM, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >

> >> There was a time when there were thoughts of being able to run MR1 in
> >> parallel with YARN while the later took off. So they were supposed to
> >> coexist, hence the non-deprecation.
> >>
> >> I am not sure we formally did, but once it is cast in stone that MR1
> >> cannot be run with Hadoop 2.0 *(by which time we should remove JT/TT
> etc.),
> >> then we can deprecate these configs.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> +Vinod