Accumulo >> mail # dev >> JIRA Etiquette / Hackathon Projects

JIRA Etiquette / Hackathon Projects
Hi All,

A question about JIRA etiquette in the context of the Accumulo project:

If an issue is assigned, but has a state of 'open' (as opposed to 'in
progress'), is it considered rude for someone else to begin work on
the issue? Are those tickets only marked as 'unassigned' fair game?

I'm reviewing tickets to develop a list of issues people could work at
the upcoming Accumulo Hackathon. I want to be sure that I do not
suggest anything that someone is either in the middle of working or is
substantially invested in.

Are there particular tickets that any of you think would be good
candidates to work during the Hackathon?

Thanks,

Drew