Hadoop >> mail # dev >> test-patch and native code compile

+
Hemanth Yamijala 2012-09-06, 07:49
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2012-09-06, 14:25
Re: test-patch and native code compile
Yea we want jenkins to run with native. How about adding making native
optional in test-patch via a flag and updating the jenkins jobs to use
it?

On Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 7:25 AM, Alejandro Abdelnur <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Makes sense, though the Jenkins runs should continue to run w/ native, right?
>
> On Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 12:49 AM, Hemanth Yamijala <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> The test-patch script in Hadoop source runs a native compile with the
>> patch. On platforms like MAC, there are issues with the native
>> compile. For e.g we run into HADOOP-7147 that has been resolved as
>> Won't fix.
>>
>> Hence, should we have a switch in test-patch to not run native compile
>> ? Could open a JIRA and fix, if that's OK ?
>>
>> Thanks
>> hemanth
>

> --
> Alejandro