Pig >> mail # user >> Embedded Pig and MatPlotLib

Re: Embedded Pig and MatPlotLib
Hi,
As a follow-up question, has anyone tried running the Pig part of the
Jython script through Execnet? Is that doable? I was running the whole
thing through pig before, but if I could just feed the part that runs
pig through a Jython interpreter through execnet, I could have the rest
of my code be in regular Python and then freely use MatPlotLib, and
whatever other Python libraries I want that aren't available to Jython.
Annoyingly, It doesn't seem trivial to get this to work. Here's what I
thought should work:

import execnet
gw = execnet.makegateway("popen//python=jython")
channel = gw.remote_exec("""
     from org.apache.pig.scripting import Pig
     P = Pig.compile(
         'a = load "$in"; store a into "$out";')
     input = '/data/dictionaries/Eng-Spa.dic'
     output = 'mehblah'
     result = P.bind({'in':input, 'out':output}).runSingle()
     if result.isSuccessful() :
         print 'weeeee'
     else:
         raise 'boooo'
""")

Ideas? Or does anyone know a better way of doing this? All I want to do
is use pig and MatPlotLib in the same framework.