Accumulo >> mail # user >> Trendulo - A Twitter Analytics Demo on Accumulo

+
Jared winick 2012-04-24, 13:35
+
Billie J Rinaldi 2012-04-24, 17:40
+
Jared winick 2012-04-25, 04:17
+
Eric Newton 2012-04-25, 12:52
Re: Trendulo - A Twitter Analytics Demo on Accumulo
Speaking of storage - are you using EBS or local instance storage?

On Apr 25, 2012, at 8:52 AM, Eric Newton wrote:

> How many key-values does a single tweet become, on average?  What's the storage size per tweet?
>
> On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 12:17 AM, Jared winick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Thanks for the kind words, I appreciate it. Keith, my ingest process
> was down on Mar 19-20, so that is why I am missing data for that
> period.
>
> For those who are curious, I am receiving about 1.2 million tweets a
> day and have about 3 billion entries in my main table.  I am actually
> getting by with everything running on an EC2 medium instance, which is
> obviously very far from ideal but I am trying to stay on a budget.
>
> I hope to add new features as time allows, things like near real-time
> trending and geospatial analytics.  If anyone has any ideas for
> features they think would be interesting, just let me know or add them
> as issues on the github page.
>
> On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 11:40 AM, Billie J Rinaldi
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > That's so cool that I'm creating a new section for it on our page of links:
> > http://accumulo.apache.org/papers.html
> >
> > Billie
> >
> > On Tuesday, April 24, 2012 9:35:31 AM, "Jared winick" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >> I gave an Introduction to Apache Accumulo presentation last month at
> >> the Boulder/Denver Meetup where I demoed an application that used
> >> Accumulo to provide real-time and historical access to words/phrases
> >> seen in Twitter messages as well as daily trend analysis. I finally
> >> got the demo polished up a bit and running on Amazon EC2 where it can
> >> be found at http://trendulo.com .
> >>
> >> Trendulo is still pretty Alpha at this point so please feel free to
> >> add to the existing documented issues at
> >> https://github.com/jaredwinick/trendulo where you can also obviously
> >> find the source.
> >>

> >> As an example, the following link will show the launch of Instagram's
> >> Android client, followed by Facebook's purchase and then a small
> >> increase in general "chatter" about the product http://goo.gl/XcCG8
> >>

> >> Let me know if anyone has any questions or comments. Feel free to
> >> tweet @trendulo any interesting searches and I can retweet them out.
> >>

> >> Jared

+
Jared winick 2012-04-25, 19:10