MapReduce >> mail # user >> Format the harddrive

+
Shah, Rahul1 2013-02-25, 20:33
RE: Format the harddrive
Are your partitions LVM or something else? If it’s not LVM then you can use GParted to re-configure your LV configuration.

From: Jeffrey Buell [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, February 25, 2013 4:10 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Format the harddrive

I've installed RHEL 6.1 with none of these problems. Not sure why you can't delete the logical volumes, but I suggest not letting the installer do automatic disk configuration.  Then you can manually select which disks you want for the root partitions, their sizes, and how you want them formatted.  Configure other disks for Hadoop data later, after OS install.

Jeff