Hadoop >> mail # user >> What should I do with a 48-node cluster

Re: What should I do with a 48-node cluster
While Ted ignores that the world is going to end before X-Mas, he does hit the crux of the matter head on.

If you don't have a place to put it, the cost of setting it up would kill you, not to mention that you can get newer hardware which is better suited for less.

Having said that... if you live in the frozen tundra like Montana, or some place like ... er Canada or Siberia... , it may make more sense to use it to heat your home with it.
Just think of the side benefits from all that potential additional compute power....  :-P