Hive >> mail # dev >> [DISCUSS] HCatalog becoming a subproject of Hive

+
Alan Gates 2012-11-02, 20:52
+
Namit Jain 2012-11-05, 04:35
+
Alan Gates 2012-11-06, 17:55
+
Namit Jain 2012-11-07, 04:06
Re: [DISCUSS] HCatalog becoming a subproject of Hive
I would suggest looking over the patch history of HCat committers.  I think most of them have already contributed a number of patches to the metastore.  All are certainly aware of how to run Hive unit tests and have an understanding of how Hive works.  So I don't think it's fair to say they would be unsafe with access to the metastore.  And the Hive PMC is there to assure this does not happen.  If there are issues I am sure they can deal with them.

Alan.

+
Namit Jain 2012-11-15, 06:22
+