Avro, mail # user - 0 KB files getting created

Re: 0 KB files getting created
Douglas Creager 2014-01-07, 14:20
> Avro files i am creating have around 3 Million records in them, but i
> have seen situation where while writing my disk space fills up
> completely, i this case i don't get any errors from the library, and it
> continues without actually writing anything and either reporting, thus i
> am losing data in that file, and subsequent file are created of 0KB.

Oof, just checked the code and it looks like this is a bug — the file
writer code isn't returning an error condition if the underlying fwrite
call returns an error.  Can you open an JIRA issue for this?

thanks
–doug

Douglas Creager
RedJack, LLC