Hive >> mail # user >> Hive mapper creation

+
Mohammad Tariq 2012-06-28, 18:47
+
Bejoy KS 2012-06-28, 18:52
Re: Hive mapper creation
Hello Nitin, Bejoy,

        Thanks a lot for the quick response. Could you please tell me
what is the default criterion of split creation??How the splits for a
Hive query are created??(Pardon my ignorance).

Regards,
    Mohammad Tariq
On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 12:22 AM, Bejoy KS <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Mohammed
>
> Internally In hive the processing is done using MapReduce. So like in mapreduce the splits are calculated on job submission and a mapper is assigned per split. So a mapper ideally process a split and not a row.
>
> You can store data in various formats as text, sequence files, RC files etc. No restriction just on text files.
>

> Regards
> Bejoy KS

+
Bejoy KS 2012-06-28, 19:07