Avro >> mail # user >> Transform a single .avdl or .avpr into one or many .avsc

+
Bertrand Dechoux 2013-05-17, 12:46
Re: Transform a single .avdl or .avpr into one or many .avsc
The "types" field in a protocol (.avro) may get you what you need. The
corresponding schema objects should be able to render to well-formed avsc
objects.
On May 17, 2013 5:47 AM, "Bertrand Dechoux" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have lots of avro schemas and most of them are about complex objects (ie
> nested definition of stuff). The syntax of avro idl is attractive in order
> to build something more readable and thus maintainable. However, it looks
> like I can't generate any avsc from a avdl (or the avpr generated from the
> avdl). I understand what is a protocol and I don't need one but the idl
> syntax is really attractive. Is there really no way to use it for that
> purpose?
>
> Regards
>
> Bertrand
>

> PS : I remember seeing a discussion about that subject but I can't find it.

+
Doug Cutting 2013-05-17, 19:11
+
Bertrand Dechoux 2013-05-21, 19:50